Monday, February 8, 2010

Are you a professional for Christ?

Today I went to uptown for coffee. The roads were bad. My Bible study was canceled. Car accidents left and right. There were a couple roll overs yet, I desired to go and study over coffee. I wanted to shine the light of Christ even if I did not get a chance to speak to anyone. I believe it is all in building relationships. At any rate. I was studying and had a huge burden come up. I decided to return to my dorm and go to the prayer room and prayer and read the Word. I wanted to be in an area that was dark with not many people. I went to my car to find that I had left my lights on. My car battery was dead. Well I laughed and just walked away. I called a friend and they said they would be leaving in a couple minutes. They lived 2o minutes away from where I was. I decided to walk to a second hand store, while walking there I started pouring my heart out to the Lord. I gave Him all my weaknesses and said here. You take this and give me power. You are an unchanging God, I will rest assured that I have a HOPE that will never end. I am bought and sealed. After a while longer I started to jump up and down in joy. Here I had desired to go to a prayer room and journal my thoughts and feelings out, yet the Lord wanted me to just walk around the uptown area and pray and interceded for those I passes. In doing so I was able to be poured into and renewed by the deep love of Jesus. I stopped at the house I want to buy for my ministry and got even more overwhelmed with joy. I know the Lord is calling His bride home, I prayed that even if God doesn't give me the house that it would be always used for the honor and glory of Jesus Christ. I returned to my car filled with renewed strength and hope. Who would of knew a walk around the city would refresh me, especially for it being so cold out. My friend had called and told me that it was not going to work out to come and give my car a jump. I said okay and hung up. I did not want to get upset though I was sad and my mind started going. I stopped and prayed, Father calm my soul and speak to me about this. Hold my words and speak. I felt content and went back to the coffee shop and decided to get something to eat. I got to meet a man that I see often. He is intrigued by calculus. I told him that I did not like math much. We talked for a bit then went back to our work. I am excited to learn more about that mans life. I know there is so much more then just a calculator that he is good at and passionate about. I am eager to find out. It was getting late and I knew my car needed to be started otherwise it would be towed soon. I went outside got my car brushed off again and saw some people. It was an older woman with her son, and a little child was in the back. She went inside an apartment to do something quick. I talked to her son who was at least 20 years old. They reeked of smoke and I think something else as well. But I continued to wait for his mom to come out. I want to ask if she could jump my car. She finally came out, she said she was not going to be able to and then took off. I smiled and said God bless. I am not sure if I will ever see them again. But I was able to pray over that building and vehicle waiting for her to return, I have faith the they will be encountered in a very tangible way. I then put my hood up -hoping a car would stop. Well with cell phones these days people do not think of stopping anymore. I decided to go to the grocery store just right around the corner. This is a grocery store that is fancy. You pay extra for the wide aisles and so forth. I tried finding a willing soul but came out finding none. I saw many wealthy professionals in their nice suit coats. I watch one by one get into their Lincoln's, Cadillac's, Maserati's, and drive off. I thought it was odd that none would help me but I just laughed and listened to another worship song on my ipod. I was started wondering how the Lord was going to provide. It was getting later and later. I walked to the corner of the block and said okay there has to be someone. I looked and saw no one. Then I saw a man. He was getting out of a huge van. I asked, sir can you help me jump my car? He said sure, where? I said just up the corner. He told me he would be there in a few minutes. As I was waiting I saw a lady a few cars down start her car. She the tiniest ice scraper ever, so I helped her scape off her ice. Then I ended up pushing her little (really expensive) car out of the snow and on her way. I yelled, God bless. I smile wondering how the Lord would speak to her later. Finally, the man came with his van. We got my car started. I found out that the man was a plumber. What a wonderful gift this man was to me today. I thought on my way home, am I open to being Christ in all predicaments. Do I worry about my agenda that I miss opportunities to stop and pray for passer bys, am I so busy I don't help people brush their car off or help push them out. I felt so blessed though my feet were a bit frozen from the deep snow. I thought here I had went to the "higher" respected people and non helped. Then a plumber helped!!! I desire to be that plumber in all I do. I want to be open to seeing the world and their needs. I want to be a servant rather then the boss. I desire to see Christ's face spread over this town. Come King Jesus, bring Your kingdom, scatter darkness with your Majesty. Come King Jesus reign in freedom, reign in power and let your Kingdom come in me! May we claim our inheritance and stand for truth! I am thankful that I left my lights on! The Lord brought me slow down to were my heart so desires and longs to be.

2 Comments:

At February 15, 2010 at 7:06 PM , Blogger Marilyn said...

Living proof......we should always "leave our lights on"!

 
At February 21, 2010 at 2:36 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

God's orchestration! Thanks for being a light & for sharing an encouraging story of how God works.
I like that the man you met was into math, and that you're eager to get to know him more!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

body {background-image:url("http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii179/chelstephenson/aquapoppydesigns/grungeyvine.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }