Sunday, February 21, 2010

My Soul Longs for My King

Woke up this morning and drove to one of my new favorite coffee shops. It is located in far uptown. It is called anodyne's it is on 43rd and Nicollet S. The place is jammed with God's creation. I can just hear the cry of His heart for these people. I can hear a couple conversations even now and my soul shouts out to the Lord to come! They are in search of a Savior! They are longing to find love in others. I look around and see Christ's beauty! I see what the church is MISSING! These are the people I long to see come to Christ! People that probably went out last night and got drunk, as the person smells of alcohol right next to me, or the guy that has been staring at me the whole time making gestures at me to come talk to him. First I claim the blood! The blood is powerful and saying it ALOUD has more power then Seal of the United Nations. I am dumb founded to think that we have THE power of Christ! We have the power to heal, to rebuild, to reclaim. So why are we not doing it??? Why is there no other around that is reaching out to these people. Maybe you are, maybe your in the same coffee shop writing a blog. My purpose of this blog came from the drive over. I passed many cars on my way over and saw the equal bumper stickers on most likely at least half of the cars I saw! This sticker to me should be changed to the following CHRIST IS CRYING OUT MINE! LOVE-I WAS MADE FOR LOVE! May we examine ourselves this week. Are we loving this world? Do we look at this world and yearn to reach out in vulnerability and compassion to those that still need to meet the Savior? What about those that are stuck in their Christianity? They are stuck in legalistic ways-forgetting that it is about experiencing and living for Christ rather than having the knowledge of Christ. I desire to see this city changed. FAN the FLAME LORD! May you start in my life! I am a broken, no good, son of a gun-BUT I HAVE THE BLOOD! So Father come and replenish my soul- I cry, Come.

Where are you today? Are you stuck in a rut? Take heart the Lord is with you! Just stop and rest, it is time to allow the Lord to help you and "fix" your issues(we all have them.)

“In the total expanse of human life there is not a single square inch of which the Christ, who alone is sovereign,does not declare,'That is mine!'" Abraham Kuyper!


Revelation 22:17
"And the Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let him who hears say. "Come!" And let him who thirst come. Whoever desires, let him take the water of life FREELY..."



1 Comments:

At February 21, 2010 at 2:47 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

"I look around and see Christ's beauty! I see what the church is MISSING!" YES! AMEN! right on.

God is gifting you with a fresh excitement to love the world - not only is it a light of hope to the broken souls, it is a boost of inspiration to the dead, dry and sleeping Christians!!! Thank you!

Jesus is working :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

body {background-image:url("http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii179/chelstephenson/aquapoppydesigns/grungeyvine.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }