Saturday, March 27, 2010

Do I really need this...


Yesterday I did the usual things before work. I cleaned my room, made my bed. Figured out my schedule in terms of home work and errands. Then I went to get a sub. For some reason, I got two subs-I never get two but for some reason I did. I do not believe in coincidence, I believe every thing happens for a reason, for a specific purpose. I believe the God controls all things, no matter if is something that brings us joy, or something that may bring us sorrow. At any rate, that may be for another post. My story I hope shows you all that everything happens for a purpose. As I was on my way to work I saw a man with a sign by a stop sign. It said the norm of all the other homeless signs... You all have seen them. Please Help. Anything will do... God Bless. I looked all over in my car, and I found nothing, and then I remembered I had two subs. By that time the light was soon to turn green and since it was a four lane I knew it would be dangerous for him to cross the lanes. I started telling myself how this man didn't need food, how he most likely just wanted cash for liqueur or cigarettes. For a moment, I thought of my selfish. I turned and begin on my way and my soul became faint. I was saddened by my selfishness. It truly did not matter why that man was homeless. It was not my responsibility either, but did I really need two subs. I would actually have food that night to eat. I could even buy food if I needed. I had an opportunity to bring joy to someone's life and I didn't do it because of my selfishness. Who would know what a sub would do to this mans life. So I turned around. I drove and stopped close to that man. This man looked like he was around fifty. I rolled down my window and handed a sub outside the window. This man RAN to my window and said "Thank you so so much, I AM so hungry. Have a great Easter!" The light turned green and I took off once again for work. Little did I know that that homeless man would turn my heart back to the sovereign Lord. Little did I know that I would get super sick at work that night and not even eat anything other then 3/4 of the first sub---well the Lord did. I am thankful that I turned around and gave that man my sub. Also I am so thankful how the Lord calls us back to the basic level of our need for Savior even in the little things like giving of our resources to those in need. Is this not what Christ did for each of us? He did not need to offer Himself in order to reconcile us to the Father, BUT He did. May you be blessed today and be encouraged of how the Lord offered you his love. Will you receive it, will you run to it? Will you stop and humble yourselves? Our Father has food that will satisfy forever. What have you been eating lately? In what ways can you give more of resources. How blessed we are. I am so thankful I turned around and gave that man my sub. In ways do you need to turn around and go back to the basics. Have a blessed week.

2 Comments:

At March 28, 2010 at 5:51 AM , Blogger Marsha said...

Nate, that is a beautiful and challenging story. You have such a wonderful heart for Jesus. Way to be sensitive to the Holy Spirit and follow His leading. I'm still sorry you got sick, though. :) Some time you should listen to a song by Steve Fee called Send Me Out. Its my current "life song." I think you would resonate with the message. Have a great sabbath day! -Marsha

 
At March 29, 2010 at 8:29 AM , Blogger Marilyn said...

I was just reading this morning how our "fasting and faith" really means nothing if we are just thinking about ourselves and not listening to the Lord's guidance and promptings. This is a great example of love reaching out. Thanks for sharing.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

body {background-image:url("http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii179/chelstephenson/aquapoppydesigns/grungeyvine.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }