Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Feeling like the Lord has turned His face on you?


Not sure how this year has been for you thus far? As for me it has been super busy and exhausting. To add on that, two of my nephews and my newborn niece have been hospitalized do to breathing and a dear dear close friend of mine had a cancerous tumor removed from her brain. I know that the Lord is sovereign and has a great purpose for everything, but after all these events take place and then having health issues myself, I wonder what is going on. I know how Job endured through so many rough times, he lost his land, money, children, wife and everything-yet he praised the Lord. Tonight sitting here it realized the Fathers love for me in a whole new light! He loves me so much He endured His Heavenly Father turning His face from Him. Christ endured that for me. Praise Him! The Lord will not turn His face from me ever. I am washed in the blood of the Lamb. Thank you Jesus. So with that perspective I know see how even though time times come and some days are so unfamiliar and distant you wonder if the Lord even truly cares. But be encouraged because Christ took the worst part for us, He endured those bruises, scars, nails, and death! He did that for all of US! No matter what we have done-NOTHING can separate us from the Father if we allow Christ’s blood to cover our sins! I am indebted to this man-this man who is fully human and fully God. This man’s name is Jesus and He is my rock, my song, and my salvation. I am thankful God has never turned His face on me. Thank you Jesus! May I live in that reflection of Your graciousness.

Isaiah 53: 7-12 (The Message)

7-9He was beaten, he was tortured,
but he didn't say a word.
Like a lamb taken to be slaughtered
and like a sheep being sheared,
he took it all in silence.
Justice miscarried, and he was led off—
and did anyone really know what was happening?
He died without a thought for his own welfare,
beaten bloody for the sins of my people.
They buried him with the wicked,
threw him in a grave with a rich man,
Even though he'd never hurt a soul
or said one word that wasn't true.

10Still, it's what God had in mind all along,
to crush him with pain.
The plan was that he give himself as an offering for sin
so that he'd see life come from it—life, life, and more life.
And God's plan will deeply prosper through him.

11-12Out of that terrible travail of soul,
he'll see that it's worth it and be glad he did it.
Through what he experienced, my righteous one, my servant,
will make many "righteous ones,"
as he himself carries the burden of their sins.
Therefore I'll reward him extravagantly—
the best of everything, the highest honors—
Because he looked death in the face and didn't flinch,
because he embraced the company of the lowest.
He took on his own shoulders the sin of the many,
he took up the cause of all the black sheep.

So what does this have to do with Minneapolis and people there? EVERYTHING!!! I am confident that they will see that Christ loves them and adores them even if they think and see their own selves as someone that is no good or deserving. The truth is we will never live up to God's standards. BUT PRAISE CHRIST who covers us so we are forgiven and seen in delight and favor. This is my desire and plea for my friends and those I watch walk the streets that they may know and experience the freeing love and devotion that only comes from a personal relationship with Christ. I want to be a person that is eager to spread that love to all people no matter what walk of life they are in or what they have done. BECAUSE CHRIST took our shame and sin and bore it. What part do we not understand about "IT IS FINISHED" Lord, how I desire for you to captivate this city and draw us close to your heart. Break our heart for what breaks yours. Cause us to turn our gaze from others and possessions and take awe in you our MEDIATOR-OUR SAVIOR!!!

1 Comments:

At April 3, 2010 at 8:50 AM , Blogger Marilyn said...

My heart is bursting with Praise. All I can say is "Amen"...let is be so.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

body {background-image:url("http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii179/chelstephenson/aquapoppydesigns/grungeyvine.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }