Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Seeing Others How Christ Does


Random journal entries put together with an event that happened today at the park.

-March 27, 2010-drove to have a coffee and read the Word. On my way there I saw a van of men with the top hats on, not sure what they are called but they are still searching hoping that the Savior Jesus Christ would come to save His people. The reality of this is HE HAS! But, Jewish people believe that the Savior has not. I was listening to Misty Edwards-“My Soul Cries,” I began to weep. I became broke for the Jewish people. I am thankful the Father is showing me His heart and love for all people. Then as I was stuck at a traffic light some time later, I looked at the car next to me and saw a big guy. He was moving around and singing and his vehicle was rocking back and forth. He didn’t care who saw him! It made me laugh; he saw me and he too started to laugh. I tried to stop but I couldn’t stop laughing. I laughed long after the light had turned green. O Lord, thanks for laughter!

-Today I decided to go to the park to read the Word of God and listen for a while on my lunch break, but the Lord has a different agenda. I got there and parked my car. I didn’t even get out. I just opened my door, rolled down my window and stuck my feet out off the window. Then I started to read from Jeremiah. As soon as I had read the first word I heard a very loud noise. It was a car driving on the road. They must have lost their muffler. Worse though, they also had a flat tire and the car was going up and down. They parked right next to me and a guy got out of the car. He asked me if I had a spare tire. I told him I did but that I wanted to keep it. Long story short, I took his wife/girlfriend-they weren’t wearing rings-but they have a three year old boy and a girl on the way. The woman’s name is Tasha. I took her to get a tire and it took 4 places till we found a shop that had a tire. I drove her back to the guy and her child with the tire. However, it was just a tire-not a tire with a rim, so the guy got all upset and was swearing at her in front of the child. The child also repeated a couple of those vulgar words. She of course kept her calm and ignored his harsh remarks. We ended up parting ways. He didn’t want the tire, so I am bringing it back later on today for them. I paid for it anyways-but the whole way through dealing with this was one thing. I kept thanking the Lord for His will in my life and His calling. His ultimate call on all our lives is to spread His love and truth! Well as I was leaving the park with the smell of rubber coming from the back seat of my car. I not only had a new tire to return I also had a new aching on my heart. I have a cry for those families with a disconnected father. They also were of a different ethnic group then I am and I am so glad that God has melted my heart into that ethnic group. I desire to see the fathers’ in that ethnic group stand tall and be the men God has called them to be. I had no idea that the Lord would give me a new passion and broaden my outreach community at an empty park on a Wednesday afternoon. I am blessed! I have a passion and heart that is longing to see these people in these stories to flourish in the truths and revelation of Christ Jesus!

This city is being captivated by the King of Kings-Praise the Lord!!!

I am grateful and honored to be apart of His work!

2 Comments:

At July 1, 2010 at 7:29 PM , Blogger Marsha said...

Nate Haugen, you have a beautiful heart. Thanks for sharing your stories here. God is at work in your life and in our city. Way to have your eyes open to see what He sees, and to have your heart broken by what breaks His heart.

 
At July 6, 2010 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Marilyn said...

Words cannot describe how I'm praising the Lord because of how you rend your heart toward Him!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

body {background-image:url("http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii179/chelstephenson/aquapoppydesigns/grungeyvine.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }