Friday, December 31, 2010

Coffee Talk

So I have been super busy lately with work and many other things that I haven't had time to breath! However, I thoroughly enjoy going to my coffee shop-well it is not mine, though I would like to think it is. I like everything from the geographical setting in the city, the people, the coffee, and the music. Tonight I went with nothing to do except read a book I bought. The book is called Crazy Love. I never even opened it tonight though. Here is some of my thoughts and dreams that happened tonight. I got there around 11pm and there were many new faces there. It was super busy for the barista, so after she served them coffee she stepped outside to make a phone call. Meanwhile a woman got up to order a drink so I told her that the barista had just stepped out and would be right back. She looked a little sad. She must have wanted her Italian soda very badly. But she sat down and returned to the conversation she was having with her group of friends. The night went on I never saw her get up to order her drink. So I asked her if she wanted that drink and she said yes. Long story short, I told her as she was ready to pay that I would get it for her. She looked at me as if in shock. But I told her that I wanted to get it for her because she had waited for a long time, though the barista didn't even know. The point is she was flabbergasted that a total stranger would pay for her drink. It got me thinking, why did I. I was sure she had more money in her bank account as I but that was not the point. I think I need to start being more aware of my surroundings... okay so how do I put this. Though it was no ones fault she did not get her drink, paying for it revealed that she was worth getting it when she wanted. I pray she realizes that too. I think so many times we pass up opportunities to show how much we care about peoples well being and their souls. We see someone walking down the street with his or her head hung low and pass up an opportunity to smile. Is it not those moments to spread love and hope? More to come about that later.

So I have had a dream of opening my own coffee shop for over the last year and it has become more pressing on my heart. I have had many wishes and dreams of how the place will look and where it would be at and such. I long to create an atmosphere of community that extends over racial, cultural, gender, and age differences. Muddy Waters is that place. So what does this have to do with starting my own coffee shop? Well tonight as I was helping the barista close shop she told me that Muddy Waters was relocating to a bigger place. Something inside of my spirit jumped. For the first time everything made sense. Maybe the Lord is creating such a love for this place because I am to continue here. Not sure, but will continue to pray about it. I am young, I am poor BUT I have a passion that is not of self but is from the Lord. SO I will run after this lion in heavy pursuit! All I need is money!!! I am not worried about those things as of right now because all I have is my dream. If the Lord wills, He will make a way! I believe that with my whole being. So please be in serious prayer about this. I am going to start running hard after this and looking into the details of renting and other things. I write this in my blog just to encourage you all to run after your dreams. The less we have the more glory God will receive when He makes a way. Sometimes I think people want to be safe, have money set aside-which is great and WISE; however, I pray fear of the unknown and societal "norms" don't stop me from pursuing my passion and dream. SO here goes nothing, either way if this is a go or no go-my Loving Redeemer will show up as He already has in my own life! Blessings to you this 2011. Strive hard and push into your dreams or for that matter into the areas of hardship and struggles. Sometimes not knowing what to do or where to go is the best thing that can ever happen to us because it is those times when Christ has to intervene and lead us back to victory. His arms are always open. Give glory to God in 2011! Not to us, but to HIM, who was, and is, and is to come! This city is the Lord's and I am blessed to even be part of what He is doing in it!

3 Comments:

At December 31, 2010 at 6:40 PM , Blogger Marsha said...

Nate, I hope you find this Psalm from God's Word encouraging. Excerpts from Psalm 37
"Take delight in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this."
Love your passion to follow what the LORD has called you to. Exciting stuff. You are in my prayers as you seek the Lord's direction for this potential opportunity. Happy New Year!! :)

 
At March 15, 2011 at 11:01 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Nate! I'd love to hear what is going on with this!

 
At October 4, 2011 at 2:46 PM , Blogger Marilyn said...

This morning from "Utmost from His Highest" I read:

HE must dominate. Isn't it piercing to realize that God not only knows where we live, but also knows the gutters into which we crawl. He will hunt us down as fast as a flash of lightning."

Proud to call you son.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

body {background-image:url("http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii179/chelstephenson/aquapoppydesigns/grungeyvine.jpg"); background-position: center; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-attachment: fixed; }